Miss Mac's class

Reception

Swimming- Day 1

on April 28, 2014

The kids had a fantastic first day back today. It sounds like they all had fantastic holidays and I was so impressed how ready and rearing they were to get back into it! We got such great work done this morning.

Swimming went well and they all had such a fantastic time. Changing time was quite chaotic as we did have some confusion over school uniforms ending up on the wrong children or in other peoples bags thinking that they were theirs. Tomorrow I would suggest that you send your child to school in trackies, a jumper and sandals or thongs over the top of their bathers. They can wear these to the pool, take them off and put in their swimming bags, then put them straight back on over the top of their damp bathers. They should then have a change of clothes and underwear in their school bag (please not in their swimming bag as it gets taken with them and can be left at the swimming centre) that they can change into when they get back to school. After some chaos and trial and error today I feel that this might be the best option for students not to loose clothes and shoes. For this week there is an exception being made for school uniform so casual clothes and casual footwear are allowed as they are more likely to recognise their own casual clothes over school uniforms that all look the same. If you get a chance tonight, chat to your child about this so that they are prepared and have better understanding. I will obviously talk to them about it also but just to make sure. Please let me know if your child has come home with something extra or something missing.

So onwards and upwards! Tomorrow should run smoothly…..maybe! 🙂